Monday, April 16, 2007

a farewell to excess

So today I packed up a sizeable portion of our accumulated crappola. I tell you what, wow. We don't even seem to have that much, but it feels so good to bag it up and haul it out. It's not that I don't like stuff, it just weighs you down. One thing I will not miss at all is our glass dining room table top. We got our table at a modern furniture store downtown and it is unique and sleek (hey that is a great rhyme), but it is a major pain to clean the glass ALL the time and it looks dirty five seconds after you clean it. I hope it finds a good home. Bonne Voyage, la table.

The major bulk of what we are storing is my book collection. Truly, I did make an effort to part with some books and I did manage to rule out about 4 books (and of those one was a duplicate). So what if I hoard books? I reread...and there are many I will get to in the future and am keeping around until that day (i.e. the "Great Books" collection I inherited from my grandpa).

If anyone happens to read this and has been fortunate enough to peruse our appartment and our various possessions please let me know if you saw anything you liked (sans pictures/art and books). We have a barely working t.v. that is maybe 10 years old in our room and a stereo that only plays brand new c.d.'s. If you love us, you will come take our crap!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey little girl! You're a NUT!!
But, you're MY kind of nut.

Daddio

Anonymous said...

wallpapers

otzn t ´ as 53