Saturday, April 14, 2007

first new items

It feels like our big adventure is finally drawing near! I just purchased a new back pack, a rear-view mirror (for the bike the Peace Corps furnishes), and a new pair of kicks to blaze down the the dunes of the Sahara. I have one week left at the S-Bucks and I am going to miss many people. Maxine and her cute sweaters, Dennis and his "pink tea" (and honking at me in the parking lot, scaring the daylights out of me), and the numerous Danny's (decaf Dan, mocha coconut Dan, and Mailman Dan). I won't miss some aspects of the job, though, and I'm glad to move on to doing something I am passionate about. Oh yeah, I will also miss Shannon and Elizabeth (enjoy my Hello Kitty umbrella, girl!) I'm off to do some more packing/shopping.
Oh yeah, it's April and it's snowing... in Missouri! I guess it's a nice send-off from the big guy upstairs. I want to be in the sweltering heat of Africa!!

No comments: